01 October 2007

Divided by a Common Language

Opening a bank account in the UK is not a terrific experience. Loads of documentation are required and it's just a generally unpleasant experience. One bank, National Westminster Bank, requires less paperwork for students and was thus my choice of banks. The only problem: everyone else is opening accounts here, as well. So, instead of waiting in line to open an account today, I waited in line for a reservation to wait in line in 48 hours.

When I made my way to the front of the line to get a reservation, the woman that was handing out slips of paper asked to see my 'bits and pieces.' There was a brief pause as I contemplated my next course of action. Thankfully, I did the socially-acceptable thing and showed her my passport and student card.

No comments: