26 January 2008

A fox, good coffee, good food, good friends, and a blood orange

I think most people are accustomed to seeing cats and dogs roaming around suburban streets at night, I know I am. Last night at a party (south of the river), I looked through the front window and saw an animal walking down the sidewalk. It wasn’t a dog or a cat, or an armadillo or an opossum, but rather a fox. There was a fox walking down the street in the middle of the night in London.

We met for coffee today at this great place in SoHo called Fernandez & Wells. It was easily the best espresso I’ve had in London (they didn’t burn the espresso, imagine that). We are thinking about making this a new weekly event: SoHo Saturdays. Or, I suppose we could sacrifice the alliteration and make it Saturday SoHo Fika. In either case, nothing makes a Saturday better than good coffee, good food, good friends, and a blood orange.

No comments: